About Charlottesville and Albemarle County
Charlottesville is located in Albemarle County, in the heart of the Virginia Piedmont region. Home to the University of Virginia, Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, and a vibrant arts scene, Charlottesville offers many sights and activities for guests who want to make a weekend of it.
Places of Interest:
- From DC/NYC: Take I-66 West to US 29 South for Charlottesville
- From Richmond: Take I-64 West to Charlottesville
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport is a small regional airport, and is about 25 minutes to Downtown Charlottesville
- Richmond International Airport is a 1 hour 20 minute drive to Charlottesville
- Washington, DC area airports (Dulles and Ronald Reagan) are a 2 hour drive to Charlottesville
- Charlottesville is served by Amtrak; the station located at 810 W Main St, Charlottesville, VA 22903
Charlottesville can be reached by Greyhound from Washington, DC or Richmond, VA
For those travelling to and from NYC, the Starlight Express runs a direct overnight service on Friday-Sunday nights. The India Road dropoff point is right by the Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn (both hotels have reserved rooms for our wedding).
Uber & Lyft
- Charlottesville and the surrounding area is served by Uber & Lyft.